Thursday, May 3, 2012

Day 77 - Something That Makes Me Sad



I have mixed feelings about all of the new development in our area. I love it because it means new, great things are happening here. At the same time, a big part of the reason why I fell in love with it here is because of the mix between old and new. New homes, new shopping and conveniences mixed with old farms growing corn, cotton, and a ton of other things. I love driving around with the kids and seeing all of the cows and horses all over the place. It's really fun to live here with all of that. There wasn't much of that while growing up in Orange County, CA ;)  There really aren't even oranges growing there anymore. Slowly, the rural part of our East Valley is getting grabbed up by developers looking to build the next big shopping center or housing development. I do love all of the new building going on (yay for a growing economy!!), but I wish some fields would be left alone forever :)

No comments:

Post a Comment