Thursday, May 3, 2012

Day 80 - Something I Wore Today


Today was the Culture Fair at my daughter's school, so I decided to put something on other than just my gym clothes, jammie pants, or jeans. I wore a dress for the first time in a long time. It was brought to my attention when the kids saw me after I got dressed, that I must wear super boring, non-dressy things all the time. They couldn't stop saying how beautiful I looked. They know how to make their mommy happy ;)  I even heard my four-year-old say, "she looks like a bride!" Hahaha, not sure I looked that spectacular, but thanks girls, I'll take it. The weather was so warm and it felt nice to be wearing something summery :)

I also wore my "Disneyland sandals". I got them at Downtown Disney during one of our visits to Disneyland last year. We were walking in the parking structure and one of the kids stepped on my flip flop from the back as I was taking a step forward. Needless to say, it didn't end well. The strap completely tore off of the shoe and I was left with a gimp shoe at Disneyland. Woo. We stopped in one of the (ridiculously overpriced) shops in Downtown Disney to find a replacement pair. The only ones that were suitable to my taste were black flip flops with crystals on the straps..and about $50. If you know me, I'm rarely seen without a pair of black flip flops on. Sun, rain, snow..all the time. When I saw the price, I told the employee helping me out that I didn't want those ones and explained that I was just looking for a cheap replacement for the day. I didn't mention to her the part about the probability of them being of poor quality and just  overpriced because of where they were being sold. She told me to just take them if I liked them. They were mine to have as a gift from Disney ...whaaaattt?? After saying, "are you sure???" about 20 times, she wrote up a gift slip for the shoes, cut off the tags, and we were off! Normally I would feel really weird not paying a cent for something, but I decided that we had given Disneyland thousands of dollars in our adult lifetime, so why not accept a generous gift from them? :D

P.S. A year later, still the most comfortable flip flops I've ever owned!!

No comments:

Post a Comment