Monday, June 25, 2012

Day 132 - On My Mind



Love. Family. Past. Future. Life. I cooked and cleaned a lot today, and that's when I do a lot of thinking. Coming down from a relaxing, fun weekend with our little family, a big thought on my mind was how much, in my opinion, more fulfilling life is after you have kids. Yes, it's hectic and there are sacrifices made after having children, but I can't imagine going through life without them. Holidays would feel empty and weekends wouldn't be full of giggles, silliness, playing, and family outings.

It's funny how the idea of "family" also changes when you have your priorities straight in life. To me, family means people you love, enjoy (maybe not all the time) being around, and spending life's little moments together that might seem insignificant at the time, but will be remembered forever. Family also means a group of people that stick together. Family doesn't have to be a blood or legal relation. Sometimes good friends prove to be wonderful additions to your family circle. Family supports one another, loves, and holds each other up when nobody else will. A family is a wonderful, special thing and shouldn't be taken for granted! The family that I hold dear to my heart is made up of so many warm, loving people that I'm so grateful for <3

When I think of the past, I think of a lot of storm clouds that have tried to overcome my normally sunny life. Some dark clouds are harder to fight off than others, but every time the sun comes out again, I emerge stronger and wiser.

I know the future will be full of wonderful things for our little family. The amount of change, growth, and unexpected bumps along the way in the 8 years of our marriage has helped to strengthen our foundation. Together, we have been through some very unique experiences. Through it all, we have developed the recipe for the glue that will bind the six of us together for life. Love, respect, and determination.

2 comments:

  1. You are very wise. I'm proud of you, and grateful that you are in my circle of family!

    ReplyDelete