Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Day 140 - Busy



The hubs and I have started a new 7 day super healthy eating diet. It's from the Dr. Oz show and is called a "crash" diet, but I don't like that term. It's not a crash diet at all. There are no restrictions on how much you can eat, it's just pretty much a vegan diet. Mostly everything we eat comes from the ground. Nothing processed. Only foods that our bodies were meant to be fueled by. It feels great to eat this way! Luckily I enjoy cooking because I have been so busy in the kitchen preparing green smoothies (like the not-so-green one above) and plant-based meals. Having fun and feeling great, though. Only downside is I haven't lost much weight so far, but the hubs has lost a bunch. How is that fair??

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jen... just came here from the FB posting, where I saw this photo of your smoothie. I love to watch Dr Oz... but he comes on too early in the day, so I record his shows daily, and watch them when I get home from school. Do you have any favorite smoothie recipes you could share here on your blog? or links? My blog is A New Bridge here at blogspot. It's a combination personal and classroom blog. But I'm very interested in the juice diets, or even some form of fasting to help me improve my health. As for your weight loss, do you walk daily, or jog?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! For exercising, I workout about five times a week in the gym. I have four young kids, so childcare while I exercise is a must! I like to mix it up, so some days I do zumba or a weight training class. Other days I do cardio on my own on the elliptical or a fast-walk/jog on the treadmill, with some weight machines after. It's nice to keep workouts different so boredom doesn't creep in. :)

    I'm new to the smoothie thing, but here's a link to a website with yummy-sounding recipes. I made the Spinach Mixed Berries one last night and it was pretty good! That's the star of this photo :) I made it ahead of time for breakfast today, so I actually added 1/2 cup of old fashioned oats before blending to make it more filling.

    http://greensmoothiespower.com/spinach-recipes-for-smoothies/

    Here's another one that I tried a couple of days ago. It does make a lot, though. I thought it was really good, but my husband was able to taste the celery and he's not a fan. So, if you're not opposed to celery, give it a whirl! This website also gives other recipes. Green smoothies are such a great way to get extra fruits and veggies in, so I'm really enjoying them. Happy blending!

    http://www.incrediblesmoothies.com/recipes/mango-blueberry-banana-green-smoothie-recipe-with-oats/

    ReplyDelete